Go Pink Wednesday - Holographic Butterfly Wings

October 31, 2012

For the last Go Pink Wednesday I decided to go for something special, so I used two of my favorite things for this mani - Holographic nail polish and the butterfly wings stamping plate I designed a while back ago.

I started with two coats of Shaka Hologram Silver 06, then created a gradient with PUPA Holographic Strawberry 38. Once it was ready for my stamp, I stamped the black butterfly wings stamp from my Nailz Craze NC01 stamping plate with Wet n Wild Black Creme polish. I added some white spots with a dotting tool, used Chic White Flag white polish. Then I added Poshe top coat once the design was all done.

I had a few rough incidents while creating this mani, the most annoying was that Shaka's holo polish just didn't work with my regular base coat. I've been using  Nail Tek foundation 2 for few months now, and I haven't seen anything like this with my other polishes. Shaka's holo just wouldn't go on to of it even after the base coat dried. It left huge bald spots and dried so dull you could never see it was a holo at all. Even after applying the second coat on top of it, it was bad. So I removed it all and applied my old nail hardener by GADE which is kind of transparent glossy polish that doesn't do much. It was better on top of it, but first coat wasn't great. It was better when I applied the second coat of the holo, and then I could go on with my mani.
Pupa's holo wasn't as satisfying as I hoped it would be, I guess the sponging process didn't do justice to it because by itself it has a gorgeous holo effect.
Then the sun wouldn't come out for me and my holographic mani, it's a gloomy day here, so I had to use my lamp for the photos. So it's not as pretty as I hoped it would be but you can still see the holo effect.
I really love how Shaka's Silver holo changes it's color in the light, you can see the blue, green and even some purple which is really nice. Overall I love this mani and I'm happy to share it with you and would love to hear your thoughts.

nailz craze holographic butterfly wings nc01 stamping plate shaka silver pupa strawberry holo

nailz craze holographic butterfly wings nc01 stamping plate shaka silver pupa strawberry holo

nailz craze holographic butterfly wings nc01 stamping plate shaka silver pupa strawberry holo

nailz craze holographic butterfly wings nc01 stamping plate shaka silver pupa strawberry holo

The next day I managed to take some photos in the sun, although it came out for few minutes and it wasn't as bright, but the holo looks pretty and the colors are more accurate :)






You Might Also Like

74 Comments

  1. Absolutely stunning! This is just perfection. I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. After all that work it went perfect! :D It does look fabulous :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. מדהים מדהים מדהים!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are possibly the prettiest butterfly nails ever! I love the holo makes it so much more gorgeous!

    Jazz x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I really wanted to make it special so I'm happyto see the holos are a good addition to this mani :)

      Delete
  5. Loved your nails, absolutely gorgeous :)
    I'm pretty bad at writing English, but I am following your blog because I liked a lot the other publications that you did.
    kisses

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I really appreciate it :)

      Delete
  6. it's gorgeous! come see my manicure, too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so gorgeous! It doesn't even look like stamping. You did such a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think your butterflies look beautiful, great mani!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is BEAUTIFUL! I can't wait for this plate to come back in stock (i've been stalking your facebook for updates;))

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOWZA!!!! Stunning doesn't even begin to describe it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous! I LOVE the holo gradient!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the first time I made a holo gradiesn :)

      Delete
  12. I love the holo gradient. Too bad you had so much trouble with it! It is absolutely gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It's the first time I made a holo gradient and I really like it :)

      Delete
  13. I normally comment more on facebook (because blogger often is weird and my phone acts crazy while visiting/commenting blogs), but I just had to come here and say again how amazing gorgeous stunning these are ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! I think I ran out of words. I'm a big sucker for holo's and your nails are like the most perfect butterfly version I've ever seen!
    great job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm happy to hear this :D

      Delete
  15. Oh my gyaaaaaad! This is soooooo pretty! Love love loooove it huny!

    Aysh xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is amazing... so creative and beautiful. well done! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you dear :) means a lot coming from you ;)

      Delete
  17. This is so beautiful & creative! Those holo polishes look wonderful together.

    ReplyDelete
  18. This is so pretty really great job looks flawless x

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is so beautiful! I wish that I had those two holos so I could do this mani when I get my NC01 and 02 plates!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it would be pretty with any gradient. The first butterfly I did was a gradient of two orange colors and it turned out pretty :)

      Delete
  20. So pretty! You did an absolutely amazing job!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am so in love with this holo butterfly mani!!!! What a wonderful idea. Love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. wow wow wow - looks so beautiful!
    love it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow wow you make me crazy with these polishes ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are pretty, I really recommend these :)

      Delete
  24. I hate how some holo polishes just don't cooperate with a normal base coat. Whatever your troubles, you recovered well because I think this mani is gorgeous. I am really love your butterfly wings and I am hoping I can get your beautiful plates one of these days! Thanks so much for participating in Go Pink Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you SO much! I'm happy with the result so I can say it was worth it :)
      And thank you for hosting this wonderful mani collage! It really inspired me :)

      Delete
  25. ooo this is beautiful! I haven't seen anyone else do a mani like this.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hello Natalie, son muy bellos tus diseños, me gustaría comprar la placa con alas de mariposa...como debo hacer? Gracias

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello. You can purchase the Nailz Craze Butterfly plate (and other plates) here: NailzCraze.etsy.com
      Thanks

      Delete